Sunday, August 14, 2011

The ulitmate big girl glass

My grandmother was such an influence on my life growing up. I regularly bragged that I didn't have a boring old grandma, I had a GRANZ. She was elegant, exciting, fun, beautiful, graceful and incredibly smart. It is wonderful for me, how much she still affects my life now... and how much she continues to influence me. She'd LOVE Big Girl Cocktails. I can hear the ideas flowing from her now.. just as bubbly as the best bottle of champagne.

My Granz had a love affair with glassware. Actually, to say she loved glassware was an understatement... OBSESSION is probably a better word. For her 80th birthday, I found the most beautiful glass, the glass of all cocktail glasses.. only fitting for a Granz.  I bought her THE "big girl" glass. As you can see from the pictures above, she kinda liked it... happily, I think she went nuts over it. Her enthusiasm and excitement for a beautiful glass has spilled over on to my mom, cousins and myself... and is now considered a "family issue"we're all attempting to manage.

Of course THIS was the inspiration behind the Big Girl Cocktail logo.

- Cheers to all the big girls.. and to the biggest girl of all - my Granzie


No comments:

Post a Comment