Monday, August 22, 2011

Action plan is officially in action

So I actually did it, I finished my plan. Several days of sketching, revising and putting goals on a calendar, I think I have an action plan for the next few months, that will pretty much take me as far as I can go with out getting some serious "big girl" help, which = finally calling up my buddies from biz school and bringing on some serious finance, legal and manufacturing power.

It's funny, just a few months ago, I was working on my final project for business school, trying to wrap my brain around such complex subjects and industries that I wasn't familiar with... somehow that now feels like a cake walk compared to what I have laid out for myself. I think it's all do-able... or at least that is what I'm telling myself. I think the "key" is really trying hard to hold myself to daily accountability of knocking out things on my list... really holding strong to the time I have carved out for myself to get this all done, which is hard when I'm trying to balance out the rest of life.. working for my clients, getting my book published.. oh and at some point continuing to plan our wedding. :P

I'm excited that I don't doubt myself about this venture any more. Big Girl Cocktails is a living thing. I see it growing and evolving every day. I get excited with every new success, every new facebook fan and twitter follower we get... with every new comment and email.

I LOVE every new thing that I learn... which considering I'm entering a new industry is a constant.

I LOVE that I'm starting a business, that I have incredible passion and focus for.. I'm having so much FUN, I feel like I'm getting away with something enjoying this experience.

I remember some amazing advice I got from one of the entrepreneurs we interviewed in business school, he said " Sam, the secret to making it in business is.. make a plan and GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY." So, that's what I did.

- Cheers to all the big girls with a plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment