Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Big Girl "Action Plan"

I'm very goal oriented. My life is pretty much organized by the goals I set. It's how I ran marathons, how I got through business school, how I wrote my book... how I handle everything. I need to break something down into small attainable goals.

I've been working the past few weeks on a "GOAL/ACTION PLAN" for Big Girl Cocktails.

I thought it would be a good way to make very long lists more manageable and organized. I thought if I can break down starting up a business, it wouldn't be so overwhelming. HA. Good thought.

Funny, how much my little list for Big Girl Cocktails has grown the more I learn about the industry and all the bits involved with being an entrepreneur. I'm still keeping weekly and monthy goals, but now they are also broken down in categories.. such as Marketing and PR, Finance and Accounting, Strategy, and Manufacturing and Operations. I feel like I'm I'm working on the BIGGEST SCHOOL PROJECT EVER! My grade will be what I actually do with this ADVENTURE.

I find, that now I'm also having to prioritize with in the plan, what can wait - research wise and what do I really need to spend my time now. My big project by the end of the month is to get my company deck done. It will be a simply defined, wonderfully designed business plan. The goal is to have it finished by September when I attend Start Up Princess (our first "Big Girl" conference).

I still think my "ACTION PLAN" is a good idea.. though I may need to add, get partners and help soon.

- Cheers to all the Big Girls with action plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment