Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our new racing shirts

10 days till the Chicago 1/2 Marathon! I'm excited to run my first race with my "big girl"mojo! This is my first run in over 2 years. I took time off the marathon circuit while I was in school - it was a marathon in itself trying to manage my then job at Disney, go to school full time and study full time.

But now that I'm starting Big Girl Cocktails, running has been wonderful. It's a great time for me to step away, let myself go for a bit, disconnect from my computer and think. It has been where I've had most of my really great brainstorms lately. I finally relax and the ideas come flooding. Sometimes I even have to stop and take notes on my iphone... talk about multi-tasking!

The organizers of the Chicago Half Marathon sent an email yesterday to encourage all the runners to wear red, white and blue in memory of 9/11. It will be on this 10 year anniversary that we are all running... reason enough to make a new racing shirt.

Big girls always rally around monumental events.

Hopefully if they turn out, I'd love to start sending them to all my runner "big girls" and support their events as well!


- Cheers to all the big girl runners out there!
If you're in Chicago, I'll be the one running with a martini!

No comments:

Post a Comment