Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reaching out to my tribes

I participated in a tweet-up earlier this week with Startup Princess. It was on Do it Yourself PRESS/PR. One of the women I follow, Aimee Carmichael @aimee1986 tweeted - "Keep it local supporting the community, offering value, don't just plug your services #startupchat" 

That immediately got me thinking about grassroots strategies - not just for PR but for growing a small business as a whole. Really trying to focus on what I can do myself, with friends, within my circles to grow and make Big Girl Cocktials a part of the those communities. 


As I've mentioned before, I LOVE that "my community" now includes all the wonderful, talented people I've met on twitter, who I chat with daily about entrepreneurship and creativity. Building a company through community interaction also makes me think of one of my favorite professors from USC,  Dave Logan who wrote a great book called Tribal Leadership. You should check it out.  I'm definitely finding myself thinking about my new communities which I now think of as the "tribes" that he refers to in the book. I really believe that by reaching out in a "grassroots" style, to all my tribes... friends, my USC family and people that I've met through social media networks, I'll be able to grow and evolve the company through experiences much richer than if I tried to tackle it all on my own.


My hope is, that through this blog and through my posts and interactions, that people can get to know me.. get to know Big Girl Cocktails and feel connected to what it's all about. I love the thought of my community,  customers and all the tribes that I'm involved with, helping to support this adventure. 


- Cheers to all the supporters of big girls

No comments:

Post a Comment