Monday, January 2, 2012

Yin and Yang of New Years Resolutions

I realized my resolutions this year are opposites... with so many big things coming up in 2012, I am fired up with feelings of "GO BIG OR GO HOME"- which is resolution #1. This new year is full of HUGE life events that I need to give everything thing I have to: launching 2 companies – BigGirl and Kelly's company Emerald World, publishing my book and the big one.. planning our wedding and getting married!

For as excited I am for all those goals and events, I feel I also need to resist the the Sam Hoey style urge to attack them all at once – hence the need for my yang resolution #2, to work on my PATIENCE skills. I need to fight my anxious desire to do a million things at once, and recognize I can break everything down into attainable smaller goals and know if I patiently execute my plan, I'll find success. I know I've discussed this in earlier posts, attempting to manage my entreprenurial efforts in more reasonable chunks, but writing it down in a blog post and forcing myself to actually slow down and not feel crazed over my lofty goals is quite another thing.

Cheers to 2012 and all our goals and resolutions that will make it an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment