Thursday, January 12, 2012

My company, my friend

I read once that the beauty of having big dreams and goals is not just in achieving them – but appreciating all that happens during the process of achieving them. It's going to sound weird, but one of the best things that has happened to me in this process is feeling like I've developed a a friendship with this thing I've created. I'm used to bouncing from goal to goal, wanting to innately snap my fingers and have what ever I started completed... so I can jump on to the next thing. In developing Big Girl Cocktails, not only have I learned not to do that, but to appreciate the process I'm going through and LOVE this experience and all it is bringing to me, like a great friendship can.

I am continuing to push myself not just intellectually, trying to figure out the ins and outs of starting a business like this, but also allowing myself to get to know what Big Girl Cocktails is – constantly refocusing myself, connecting with what I'm doing... with what my goals are personally and with Big Girl Cocktails. Why I'm taking on a project so tremendous as this? Why has it all become so important to me?  I'm starting to think of this process not just as a goal or a challenge to achieve, but like building a relationship I can grow with.

Big Girl Cocktails has become a huge part of my life and who I am now. I'm constantly thinking of new ideas for "us", how we are evolving – which is so much more than we were when we started this journey together. I love figuring out the possibilities of our future, and am ridiculously excited about all that we can do together.

- Cheers to all those who love their business enough to call it friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment