Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lessons from Princesses

I attended my first big girl conference last week... Startup Princess - I didn't go for some other company I was working for as I have dozens of times in the past, but for me, for my own company, for support on my own ventures.. THAT was an amazing feeling.

I met some of the most inspiring women who had some great lessons to share... advice I needed as a new business owner.

the two biggest .....

1. Be TRUE to yourself.

One of my biggest lessons was that as an entrepreneur -  I'm not just developing my product but myself, from the inside out - it's an important time where I'm developing my image, my brand, how I present myself, my message... how I look, speak, show my own personality. I am Big Girl Cocktails. Developing this company to be the most that I can is my passion.

2. SERVE to sell
The second biggest lesson I learned, hit me as big as the first. Serve to sell.  How do I SERVE others with my product? You don't just sell if you're a sales person, everyone sells in one way or another. Everyone has the opportunity to serve with what they sell.

How do you serve the community with your business, what you sell?

As I listened to the speaker.. I thought.. I'm not sure this fits me, how can I serve? then it hit me - I am serving.. not just with my stories of Big Girl Cocktails as a company...

I'm reminding women to celebrate themselves. Looking around the room at all these brilliant over-tasked women -  professionals and moms, I thought to myself... that could be pretty huge. 

Stop. Celebrate yourself, your friends.. other women for being "big girls" and tackling the world every day. As I've said before, that's definitely worth celebrating!

I actually re-wrote my mission during the conference.

Big Girl Cocktails is a company that celebrates and champions women.. that happens to sell the cocktails worthy of them.

- Cheers to all the ladies and the lessons they taught me!

No comments:

Post a Comment