Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Figuring out your MOOD

One of the things I realized I need to figure out in developing the Big Girl brand was what is my overall VISION for the company. What is our culture, style going to be? What is our VISUAL communication?

I want Big Girl Cocktails to be the company that is like a friend who is fun, funky and stylish... but not over the top... more importantly, warm, approachable, and accessible. My vision is to give and share ideas, creativity and what inspires us.. whether it's a new cocktail recipe, a great big girl tip or amazing advice or stories we've heard.

I got addicted to a site called Pinterest (click on the link to see my page). It's a wonderful place to make online Vision boards, or Mood boards as we used to call them in art school... but then, we used exacto knives and glue. It got pretty messy. Now opportunities online with sites like Pinterest, it's easy and the options are limitless....

As I created boards for myself and for Big Girl, I realized my vision was more than just a visual style, but a feeling... I'm not sure how to put my finger on it.. but with a "MOOD/VISION" board, I want to convey the company character I am trying to develop and share with Big Girl Cocktails.

Recently, I met some career/entrepreneurial coaches who suggested that companies create Vision/Mood boards regularly -  at least once a year.. to visualize and assess who and what they want to be as an organization. It's a challenge, in the hectic life of entrepreneurship to stop and think about our vision.. but I'm glad I'm doing it, it's helping me as a business owner to describe and define who and what I want my company to be as I go along. 

So go make yourself a great cocktail and create a mood board!
- Cheers to all those who see and share their visions!

No comments:

Post a Comment