Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pacing


Since I finished school last year, I've been getting back into running. It's been a great way to get back in shape and to keep my crazy busy life in check. It's the time I think through everything we have going on between Kelly's company, my book I have coming out, planning our wedding and "my baby" – Big Girl Cocktails.

Some days I run an easy 3 to 4 miles and when I'm training for an event, my mileage jumps up to a regular 5 to 6 miles a day with longer 8 to 10 mile runs on the weekend. Outside of clearing my mind and getting as healthy as I can, it's been a goal of mine to get my old time back, which is a 1:45 for the half marathon. So far I've run 3 races since I've started training again back in July of last year. I've taken almost 30 minutes off my first race back in the fall, which is wonderful.

I've realized attaining the goal of getting my 1:45 is a long term commitment. It may take me a year or more to get my time back, but its worth it. I had the realization the other day while I was out on one of my long runs, that Big Girl Cocktails is kinda like that 1:45 race time. It's not something I can achieve overnight. Starting this company is a commitment for the long haul. I need to pace myself. Just as with running, I need to slowly work on increasing my speed. I have created a "big list" of everything I can do on my own, with out investors or a partner.. both I would love to have in the future.

But for now, just like with running, if I continue to train regularly, I'll get there.

- Cheers to all those who are pacing themselves to achieve great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment